Walking through the doors of a church you’ve never attended can be intimidating. We hope to take a few of those concerns away by addressing them right here:
WHAT KIND OF CHURCH ARE YOU?
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
There is no dress code at Prince of Peace. You’ll see some people dressed in jeans and a polo, and others will be dressed in khaki shorts and a t-shirt. Come as you are!
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE SERVICE?
Every Christian church has its own style of worshiping Jesus. We try to create a reverent and relevant worship experience at Prince of Peace. Our services meet you where you're at - whether you're brand new or have been worshipping with us for years.
Our services are liturgical, meaning they usually follow a similar pattern each week, including:
- The Invocation - We call on the name of our Savior God as we praise him.
- Admitting sins and Hearing Forgiveness - We acknowledge that we have not always done what God asks. Then we are assured of forgiveness because of what Jesus Christ has done for us.
- Bible Readings - We hear selections from God's Old Testament prophets, Jesus' apostles, and from Jesus himself in the Gospels. The pastor also gives a brief explanation of each reading.
- Sermon - Our pastor offers instruction and encouragement in a Bible-based sermon. We hear how we can expect God's guidance and grace for dealing with problems, as well as the promise of eternal life in heaven through Jesus.
- Response to the Word - We respond with offerings, hymns, and prayers in thanks for the things God has promised to us and for strength to do what he has asked.
- Parting blessing - We hear one last assurance of God's care.
Mixed throughout these different parts of our service are hymns and short songs to praise God.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
3601 S. Garden Ridge Blvd.
Flower Mound, TX 75028